Dark Circles Treatment in Delhi
Dark Circles Treatment Overview: Treatment, Procedure, Causes, Factors, Cost, Aftercare and FAQs
Dark circles are not a subject of serious concern; however, it may affect an individual’s personality. The skin around the eye is more delicate, and thinner compared to the skin of the rest of the face. These dark circles make one look unhealthy, tired, and older than their present age. Dark circles look like half-moon shape present under which is known as the tear trough area. Sometimes, thinning of tissues caused by aging also results in dark circles between cheekbone and eyes that attract shadows. Other reasons that may cause dark circles are sleep deprivation, bagging of tissues, and vein's visibility by thinning of the skin and pigmentation of the skin genetically. Pigmentation is the main reason for the appearance of dark circles.
Only the skin experts who have a thorough understanding of the eye's anatomy must carry the treatment of under-eye dark circles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is possible to prevent them since many of the reasons behind dark circles are related to lifestyle habits. Here are some of the common recommendations of dermatologists:
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables for balanced nutrition
- Stay hydrated throughout the day
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, caffeine, and junk foods
- Proper sleep
- Use natural makeup products
- Taking care of eyes
- Stop smoking
- Exercise and maintain good overall health
With some of the advanced dermatological treatments, one can see the results even in a single session but in most cases, multiple sessions are needed for effective and long-lasting results.
Treatment is suggested on the basis of the root cause behind dark circles. Many a times, dermatologists recommend a combination of treatments for dark circles along with some lifestyle changes to ensure optimum results.
Book An Appointment
We are taking full precautions at the clinic against COVID-19. Online and Physical consultations are available to assist our patients.
Book an appointment by calling on the given numbers:
Patel Nagar: 011-47062167, +91 9716686756
Online consultation timings
Monday - Sunday : 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday : Closed!
Factors that cause dark circles
- Loss of subcutaneous fat in the eyelids and thinning skin due to fat loss or disease
- Fatigue and constant dehydration
- Hay fever, allergies, and infections
- Loss of collagen and elastin protein
- Dark circles form when blood vessels lose their strength and stability by the aging process. By the mid-age of the 30s, the eye socket starts expanding and mid-face also collapses as the maxillary bone starts collapsing. This bone is responsible for the anterior cheek projection. Volume loss, soft tissue, and bony loss worsen the dark circle appearance.
- Irregular and excessive pigmentation under the eyes due to excessive sun exposure.
- Dark circles can also form by itching caused by several allergies and eczema
- Sometimes genetics, hormonal irregularities during menstruation and pregnancy can also be the reason for forming dark circles
- Dark circles may form due to a deficiency of iron, vitamins such as A, C, E, and K
- Unhealthy lifestyle including smoking, drinking, dehydration, and alcohol consumption can form dark circles
Stress can also aggravate the formation of dark circles
- Several medicines, kidney and liver diseases.
- Last but definitely not the least, dark circles can also occur due to lack of sleep that causes blood vessels to appear darker in the skin.
One can also opt for advanced cosmetic treatment for dark circles.
These treatments help to get rid of dark circles and provide the natural youthful look by providing volume, more collagen production, and also by breaking the dark pigment.
Advanced Treatments for Under eye dark circles correction
1.Growth Factor Treatment/Collagen Induction
These injections have growth factors that help the skin to rejuvenate. With growth factors, one can see improvement in the texture of the under-eye skin, and they reform and renew the tissues. It is also an effective method that correct tear through. It heals the root cause of dark circles and helps in restoring the eye glamour. It revives the weakened collagen and elastin and plumps up the skin cells. It creates more blood vessels and helps to supply more oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
Laser treatment shows long-lasting effects on dark circles. It is a fast, safe and effective treatment. The laser heat works by breaking the dark pigment of the skin into smaller particles and removed through the normal mechanism of the body. It improves the texture of the skin and induces the formation of new collagen.
Injection containing hyaluronic acid-based fillers can be used to remove dark circles. Dermal fillers are injected into the tissue below the eyes (area affected by volume loss) and help to add volume, and provides instant and long-lasting results. It corrects volume loss in the cheeks, under-eye lines and hollows.
A light chemical peel can be prescribed to lighten the hyperpigmented area below the eyes. A chemical peel may contain glycolic acid, retinoic acid, salicylic, arginine and lactic acid. Another chemical peel is a Jessner’s peel which consists of a mixture of lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol. Chemical peels are helpful for the removal of dead skin cells around the eyes and give a fresher brighter and lighter skin. It works by reducing pigmentation and inducing the collagen production rate.
5.Skin lightening cream
Skin-lightening cream that consists of kojic acid, azelaic acid, and glycolic acid can be suggested by dermatologists to remove dark circles.
Vitamin E oil, Vitamin A creams, Vitamin K and cold compresses are also effective in treating dark circles.
The microinfusion of meso solution including glutathione, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C are administered in the under-eye area to give a brighter and refreshed look.
8. Australian Dermapen
Micro-needling with 0.4 to 0.5mm depth dermapen helps in more collagen production and reduces the appearance of fine lines and crow’s feet in the eye area and provides a youthful and firm appearance.
- Protect the eyes from direct sunlight by wearing hats, eye glasses
- Always apply sunscreen
- No smoking and alcohol consumption
- Take proper care of the eyes and apply the under-eye creams and ointment prescribed by the dermatologist
- Avoid rubbing the eyes
- Use cold water to wash the eyes
- Drink plenty of water and take an adequate amount of sleep
- Remove eye make-up with a gentle cleanser before sleeping
- Take an adequate amount of sleep at night (6-8 hours)