Double Chin Reduction
Double Chin Treatment in Delhi
Double Chin Reduction Overview: Treatment, Procedure, Causes, Factors, Cost, Aftercare and FAQs
The double chin formation takes place due to excess fat deposit, hereditary reasons, facial skeletal structure, airway positioning, and weight gain and this condition is also termed as “submental fullness”. A double chin can affect both thin and fat people, and sometimes the subcutaneous fat around the neck sags down and makes one look older and obese because of the formation of a second chin. The double chin is more visible when the bottom jaw area is lowered and the head is in the tilt-down position. Many people opt for double chin treatment to reduce the fat layer formed under the chin, and to achieve a more rejuvenated appearance. Several approaches can help to slim the chin area, by reducing the fat deposit in the chin area. But before discussing the treatments let’s understand why double chin appears.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Eat a low fat, healthy, and nutritious diet.
- Protect the skin from sun damage
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People with an implanted pacemaker or metal implants in the treated area
- Suffering from platelet disorder and hypersensitivity reactions. It is very much important to take proper consultation before opting for any treatment.
Before the treatment, a numbing cream is applied to numb the target area. After the treatment, one may feel a little tenderness in the treated area. Ice or cooling gel is applied to manage discomfort after the treatment.
Book An Appointment
We are taking full precautions at the clinic against COVID-19. Online and Physical consultations are available to assist our patients.
Book an appointment by calling on the given numbers:
Patel Nagar: 011-47062167, +91 9716686756
Online consultation timings
Monday - Sunday : 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday : Closed!
What are the factors that can cause double chin?
- Poor facial anatomy
- Excess neck fat
- Small or weak chin
- Loose skin due to aging
- Sagging platysma muscle
- Drooping salivary gland
- Irregular diet or inadequate protein diet
- Lack of physical exercise
- Poor posture and weak muscles
- Aging, gravity, and stress
A slimmer face and defined jawline do wonders for the self-esteem of an individual. A skin expert can determine the factor causing double chin after a careful analysis, and provide the best treatment for this concern. The following non-invasive treatments can help to get a more sculpted face by vanishing the double chin.
Treatments options for Double Chin reduction:
1. Deoxycholic Acid: It is an injectable treatment to reduce double chin. This is a helpful substance that dissolves dietary fat. This chemical is injected inside the skin under the chin that dissolves fat and is further reabsorbed by the body. This non-invasive treatment requires three to six treatment sessions according to the patient's requirement and the amount of fat to be removed from the treated area.
2. Phosphatidylcholine Injections: This substance contains Choline a component of “lecithin”. This chemical is useful for dissolving fat. It is injected deep inside the body through intralipotherapy in the affected area. Very thin and tiny needles are required to perform this therapy, and this treatment is very quick and requires no downtime. Side effects may occur like pain and burning sensation, which subside within a few hours after treatment.
3. High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU): It is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment for skin tightening. This treatment is also known as ultrasound therapy which also helps to lift and tighten loose and sagging skin. This treatment is very quick and reduces double chin in a very short period of time with no downtime. This treatment aims high-intensity beams by focusing ultrasound waves that target fat cells inside the chin to firm and tighten the skin. This treatment triggers the formation of collagen and elastin and makes the skin more tightened and smoothened.
4. Polydioxanone threads (PDO): These threads are used for lifting the sagging skin. These are long threads and are composed of a synthetic biodegradable polymer which is best for use in surgery. “COG and MONO” are two types of PDO threads that can be used to treat double chin and face lifting. PDO threads can be absorbed through the hydrolysis process and help in the production of collagen from fibroblasts in a targeted area. MONO threads are smooth and do not contain barbs. It can be hooked to a point on the face. These threads are inserted into the skin for skin tightening in a mesh-like fashion. Areas covered by these threads are necklines and sagging neck. MONO threads can only tighten the skin but a combination of MONO and COG threads are effective for face lifting. COG threads contain barbs ends. It attaches inside the skin and triggers the lifting of the sagging tissue by supporting structure. These threads have no requirement of anchoring points. Collagen production can take place around these threads and barbs ends. These threads are more effective for slimming the face and jawline lifting.
5. Injectable Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers are also helpful for the reduction of fat from the neck, chin, and other facial areas. This is a non-invasive treatment, and as the substance it uses is capable of breaking down and dissolving fat chin. It effectively causes the removal of a double chin. It also tightens skin and provides a more defined jawline and refines the shape.
Who is an ideal candidate for double chin reduction treatment?
- Both male and female individuals
- People who have an abnormal, large sagging skin beneath the chin and over the front of the neck
- People who want to reduce unwanted fat from the face, neck, and chin, and want to enhance their facial appearance
- Individuals who expect to get an improved jawline and attractive and youthful neck
- People who want to restore and rejuvenate their facial appearance
- People who do not have a medical history like that of herpes
Benefits of double chin reduction treatment
- Quick treatments
- Highly effective
- Contour the jawline area
- Natural results
- Less downtime as compared to the surgical treatment
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Avoid the use of cosmetics and makeup
- Take medications recommended by doctors
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not scratch the treated area
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for a few days
- Do not take blood-thinning medications for a few days after the surgery
Get rid of this extra layer of fat and skin with these advanced cosmetic treatments. A perfect jawline enhances facial beauty and enhances an individual’s appearance. Get the new look today with slimmer and youthful jawline!