Growth Factor Therapy
The growth factors and essential proteins present in human blood are the first responders that promote healing when an individual sustains a cut or wound. The growth factors also promote the growth of new hair cells. Therefore, the Growth factor Therapy is one of the most advanced and best treatments for reversing hair loss and promote skin rejuvenation. Enough concentration of growth factors battles hair loss as they stimulate the hair follicles to turn on and helping them to grow longer and thicker.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a non-surgical treatment, and involves withdrawing the patient’s blood to obtain the essential growth factors and nutrients; so there’s very rare chance of infections. These growth factors are then injected into the target area of the scalp, and one can return to their daily activities after this treatment. There is no cut or incision made during the procedure. Hence, the treatment is safe and provides great results.
Depending upon the severity of hair loss and baldness, the number of injections to be provided is determined.
Many of the patients do not experience any soreness after the treatment. Some patient may experience little soreness or swelling in the treated area, that usually subsides within a few hours after the treatment.
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Golfers elbow
- Chronic ankle pain
- Hip bursitis
- It also provides overall skin rejuvenation
Book An Appointment
East Patel Nagar
Monday :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Tues & Wed :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Fri & Sat :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Sunday :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Mon to Wed :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Friday :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 9 PM
Saturday :11:30 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 8 PM
Sunday :10 AM - 2 PM4 PM - 8 PM
How does Growth Factor Therapy work?
It activates the growth phase of hair and stimulates angiogenesis. It also helps in new blood vessel formation. This improves the blood flow to the hair follicle and helps in assisting hair growth. It is an excellent option for people dealing with androgenic alopecia (male and female pattern hair loss) and alopecia areata.
What causes hair to fall?
The causes of hair fall can be hormonal imbalance, anaemia, hypothyroidism, genetic, pollution, stress, smoking, excessive use of chemically treated shampoos, and many more. Growth Factor Therapy accelerates healing in various parts of the body. Hence, it is used to restore hair growth. It is widely used to treat hair loss that occurs as a result of androgenetic alopecia. It is a condition in which the hair follicles shrink and lead to male pattern baldness. This condition causes the hair to fall out faster and grow back as thinner and shorter.
The extract that is received after centrifugation of blood is enriched with angiogenic growth factors, interleukins, proteins, vitamins, clotting factors, chemokines, and other such factors.
- Angiogenic factors: Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), PDGF, Fibroblast growth factor (FGF), Epidermal growth factor (EGF), Transforming growth factor ß (TGF-ß), etc.
- Clotting factors: Factor V, Factor IX, antithrombin, etc.
- Chemokines: CXCL5, CXCL-12 , CXCL4, etc.
A numbing cream is applied beforehand to minimize the discomfort. Let’s understand the process step by step.
- The patient’s sample blood is collected in a sterile centrifuge tube, and then centrifuge helps separate the components of the blood.
- Centrifugation process separates the blood into three layers and we only utilize the top layer which is rich in growth factors.
- Then it is injected into the scalp (target area) to stimulate hair growth and control hair loss.
The entire process may take 1 to 2 hours, and several sessions are recommended to achieve great results.
After receiving the treatment, the patient can usually return to their regular activities without any limitations. The patient must make changes in their diet and daily routine. The changes suggested by the skin specialist promote hair growth and help prevent further hair loss.
Benefits of Growth Factor Therapy
- Non-invasive and effective treatment to reverse hair loss and stimulate the growth of new hair
- It contains more than 20 growth factors and proteins
- Safe and reliable treatment
- Natural-looking results and fast recovery
- Treatment can be performed in both men and women
There is no risk of getting any communicable disease or infection as the own patient’s blood is used in a sterile environment to treat hair loss.
What to know before the treatment?
It is one of the most increasingly popular hair loss treatments because there are hardly any side effects and almost no downtime. Growth Factor solution contains the patient's own blood, so there are very few risks of side effects or reactions. Some may experience scalp tenderness, mild pain at the site of injection, headache, itching, and sometimes temporary bleeding, bruising, infection, or minimal scarring in the injection site. This may be corrected within a few days after the treatment.
1. During the initial consultation, the patient must provide the proper medical history to the doctor. If someone is a heavy smoker, has a history of drug misuse, anaemia, and is taking blood-thinning medications, one must share this information with their doctor (because they can be medically unfit for this procedure).
2. If someone is having blood clotting problems, skin disorders like eczema are recommended to take proper consultation from the doctor before opting for the treatment.
3. People diagnosed with cancer, acute or chronic infections, autoimmune disease, chronic liver infection, sepsis, thyroid disease, metabolic disorders, chronic skin disease they are not recommended to undergo this treatment.
Most of the results are seen within 3 to 6 months. The hair growth cycle also plays a major factor in deciding the result, as the hair also passes through three stages of the hair cycle, and growth factors must target the dormant phase, to initiate the active phase of hair growth. It is recommended to undergo 5-6 sessions, so that it hits all the hair follicles when they are at the dormant state and are ready to grow. The sessions are provided 4 to 6 weeks apart, and one can opt for maintenance sessions that are provided after every 4 to 6 months to maintain the continuity of the results.
- No hair dye application for 2 weeks
- Do not perform shampooing for 3-4 days after treatment
- Avoid stress
- No smoking and alcohol consumption
- Avoid strenuous activities for a week
- Drink plenty of fluids and water
- Consume a healthy diet and avoid junk food
- Take blood thinning medications as directed by the doctor
The doctor may sometimes recommend a combination of treatments along with growth factor therapy to treat the hair fall concern and get better results.